The Watermark accepts submissions year-round and publishes one to two issues depending on the amount of submissions received. We do our best to review to your submissions in the order we receive them, and once we have made a final decision we will let you know.
We are currently selecting submissions on a rolling basis.
- Short Stories/Novel Excerpts/Essays: 5,000 words max.
- Poems: 10 poems max; no more than 10 pages per submission.
- Visual Art: 20 pieces max; submissions of more than one piece must coalesce into a cohesive piece; include captions/descriptions for each piece in the submission email.
- Digital Art/Photography: 300+ DPI, PNG.
- Comics/Graphic Novel Excerpts: 20 pages max.
- Screenplays: 20 pages max under standard formatting.
- Play Acts: 20 pages max under standard formatting.
- Misc.: Try your luck. Submit what you'd like. We're open-minded.
- Email firstname.lastname@example.org with your submission attached as a .PDF, .DOC, .DOCX, or .PNG file.
- The body of your email should include your name, the title of your submission, your page count, and a few sentences outlining why you made the choices you did when creating you work.
- Multiple submissions (if you want to send two stories, for example, or a story and a poem) should be submitted in separate e-mails.
- All friends must be threatened with great pain and bodily harm lest they choose not to submit.